But let’s be more productive and explain the meaning of writing types in academic and business papers. The primary style helps to build the company positioning, to persuade people in something, to share knowledge, etc. There is an uncountable amount of reasons to pay attention to writing format.
So the combination of art and need to share our ideas made types of writing genres to be very important tools for communication. So while each author can reflect with his personality in papers, there are only 4 literature styles. If you are a student, a copywriter, or just a person interested in books, you need to differ such variants and use them according to the proper occasion.
Why there are different types of writing?
We can use a different style of writing because different situations happen to us. Sometimes you need only to describe something, in other cases, you want to persuade people in your own thoughts, etc. But on the other hand, writing styles should not cause problems for a writer. Such a tool is a helper, but not an enemy.
So we have 4 types of writing to use in texts. They are very different and has nothing common, so writers wouldn’t have troubles with the recognition it in texts. But be sure that experience in writing and reading will be an additional benefit. Also, find out several simple samples of different styles and feel real professional in this field.
As a result, you will start to use different types of writing, even if you prefer only one. Such freedom in writing will help you to improve it and feel free in any academic or business task. So use different kinds of them to practice and very soon you will feel more exciting with your papers.
If you are not sure how to use the exact writing style, then get more information about it. Our company works for students and with students for past years, so has professional knowledge in this field. Our authors use an expository style of writing, descriptive, persuasive, and narrative ones in different situations. So we can help you not only to
write an essay, but also to get in-depth theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Expository styles of writing
Expository has the simplest goal ever – to inform the reader about something. That’s why such texts are written in an informative format and do not include negative and positive opinions.
Here are the main particularities of expository writing style:
- shares any information about subjects in process;
- requires logically build sentences, which organically create paragraphs and sections;
- includes facts, statistics, and other exact information.
This style is one of the most used. You can read expository texts in recipes, how-to articles, textbooks, and so on. Thanks to such tool writers just share information and do not harm people.
Descriptive type of writing styles
Descriptive is oriented on the details of something or someone. That’s why the goal of such papers is to describe the event, fact, character, etc.
Here are the main particularities of descriptive writing style:
- describes everything in the most detailed manner;
- includes the author’s visualization of every event, person, or situation;
- may be in the poetic form.
Writers often use descriptive style to create poetry, to write the dairy, journals, etc. Such a style is very useful because it gives readers real information, so they can make their own conclusions. On the other hand, such data is very real and alive, that suits readers’ desires.
Persuasive forms of writing
Persuasive is a kind of commercial or personal style, which aspires to change people’s mind and make them think the way you want. The writer uses special word combination and tone of voice to convince readers in exact fact or motivate them to make the further step.
Here are the main particularities of persuasive writing style:
- uses special phrases and arguments to convince readers;
- gives readers a time to agree or disagree with the author’s position;
- usually requires readers to make further actions, for instance, to call, subscribe for newsletter, etc.
Such a writing style will suit the most advertising campaigns. For instance, reviews, letter of complaint, advertising, cover letters, etc. The personal thoughts in this type of writing are absolutely relevant.
Narrative type of writing format
The narrative is created to share the story. That’s why the author creates different characters and lead them into the dialog. As a result, the readers will expect further parts of your writing.
Here are the main particularities of narrative writing style:
- the characters share the story and explain the cause-and-effect relations;
- this format includes a lot of dialog;
- has logical structure with introduction, body, and conclusions.
Writers prefer using a narrative style of writing for novels, storytelling, poetry, autobiography, and so on. It could be very exciting and encouraging.
How to use different writing styles
Now you are keen on distinguishing different types of writing skills. It is great and will be very helpful in academic or business tasks. Let’s improve your knowledge and find out how to use them in real life.
The general rule said you should first consider your goal and topic. Such criteria will influence the final choice. In addition, you should use direct recommendations for each style of writing. Let’s make direct recommendations for all 4 types of writing.
Recommendations for using expository style:
- try not to use words which have only positive or negative meaning;
- never share your point of view or make the audience feel exact way;
- add researches in your text and cite them according to the chosen writing format;
- in outline use links to other sources in books or on the Web;
- prefer different methods to highlight the main ideas of your paper (for instance, illustrations, infographics, etc).
Recommendations for using descriptive style:
- add relevant literature devices to create bright imagination, especially metaphors and smiles will be great tools;
- explain verbs and nouns with adjectives and adverbs;
- put more attention to small and almost invisible details;
- make your text exciting by using all six senses.
Recommendations for using narrative style:
- start your writing with the story or array of events;
- make sure you describe every single detail of your characters and situations with them;
- let your readers know more about the inner thoughts of your characters and explain what is happening in the backstage;
- use the rule of 6 W (these are the answers for questions Why, When, Where, Who, What, and How);
- include a moral to your story so your readers can get lessons after reading your paper;
- prefer the concrete English so your readers will get a unique impression from the text.
Recommendations for using persuasive style:
- share your arguments and support them with facts, statistics, data, etc.;
- make the reference list and cite all sources you are going to use;
- build the emotional connection with readers;
- mention your readers’ interests and desire to make the paper.
These pieces of advice are optional, so writer can combine them to reach the most relevant content. In any case all these types of writing strategies are available for your papers no matter the format and topic.